Why become a member of Visit Southwest Montana?
Montana plays host to 12 million visitors a year and Southwest Montana is one of six tourism regions that welcomes and entertains these guests.
Southwest Montana receives accommodations tax dollars from the state of Montana to promote the region through advertising and public relations efforts each year. These dollars are supplemented by membership funds. Collectively, the monies help the region promote on a regional, national and international level, which can be difficult for individual businesses or communities to do on their own.
Visit Southwest Montana promotes the region nationally and internationally through a number of efforts:
- A website that averages over 31,000 visitors per month.
- A travel guide distributed to over 130,000 people per year through our advertising programs, online efforts and on the ground in Montana.
- Print and digital advertising, social media and partnerships with the state and other regions.
- A number of cooperative advertising programs for members including:
- Advertising opportunities in the Southwest Montana Travel Planner.
- Direct email newsletters targeting people who have expressed interest in visiting Southwest Montana or Montana, specifically.
- Multiple free website listing opportunities on southwestmt.com and the region’s social media channels.
- Opportunity to supply content to the region’s social media team for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Booth space and staff at Calgary and other regional travel shows.
- Publicity programs to solicit and assist travel writers.
- A call center that annually fields over 10,000 requests from people interested in visiting our area.
- Cooperative funding for tourism related projects within the nine counties in Southwest Montana.
- Free travel guides, state and regional maps, Lewis & Clark brochures and birding brochures upon request.
- Unified voice for legislative education and issues.
- Participation in region-wide brochure exchange.
- Network with travel and tourism professionals from around the area.